California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosures
Last Updated: 2020.07.09
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), California residents have certain rights regarding their personal information. This Disclosure describes such rights and how you may exercise them in accordance with the CCPA.
1. Categories of Personal Information Collected or Disclosed for a Business Purpose.
In the 12 months preceding the date of this Disclosure, we may have collected and/or disclosed for a business purpose the following categories of personal information as enumerated under the CCPA:
• Identifiers, including name, postal address, email address, and online identifiers (such as IP address);
• User records, including phone number, billing address, and credit or debit card information;
• Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law;
• Commercial or transactions information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered;
• Internet activity, including browsing history, search history, and interactions with a website, email, application, or advertisement;
• Geolocation data;
• Professional or education information;
• Inferences drawn from the above information about your predicted characteristics and preferences.
2. Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information.
If you are a California resident, you have the right under the CCPA to submit a verifiable request of the following:
• The specific pieces of your personal information collected by Nexon in the 12 months preceding this Disclosure;
• The categories of personal information we collected, sold, or disclosed for a business purpose about you within the 12 months preceding this Disclosure;
• The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
• The business or commercial purpose for which the information was collected or sold;
• The categories of third parties to whom the information was sold, disclosed for a business purpose, or otherwise shared;
• Deletion of your personal information collected by Nexon.
How to Exercise Your Rights. To exercise any of these rights, please email us at email@example.com . In the request, please specify (a) which right you wish to exercise and (b) the scope of your request. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 business days. We may require specific information from you, which may include personal information about you or information about your past purchases or use of our products or services, in order to help us verify your identity and process your request. Your request may be denied if we are unable to verify your identity.
Deletion Requests. If you request deletion of your personal information, we may retain personal information necessary to: (a) protect our business, systems and users from fraudulent activity, (b) to address technical issues that impair existing functionality, (c) allow us or others to exercise their free speech or other rights, (d) comply with law enforcement requests pursuant to lawful process, (e) support our own internal purposes reasonably related to your relationship with us, (f) to comply with legal obligations, or (g) otherwise as permitted by law and disclosed to you when we respond to your request.
Authorized Agent. You may be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to submit a request through an authorized agent. To designate an authorized agent to exercise your rights and choices on your behalf, please provide written proof of your agent’s permission to do so. A request from an agent may be denied if such agent does not submit proof that the agent was authorized by the user to act on the user’s behalf, and/or the agent’s identity could not be verified.
3. No Sale of Personal Information.
4. No Discrimination.
Nexon will not discriminate against any user for exercising their rights under the CCPA, although some of the functionality and features available on the Services may change or no longer be available. Any differences in the Services are related to the value provided.